As I’ve previously mentioned I’m spending a lot of time this Summer playing around with vegetables in the kitchen. This summer quesadilla has been a quick and easy lunch packed with lots of different veggies.
When it comes to cheese goat cheese seems to be my go to right now. I tend to rotate between different ones but right now I find myself putting it on as many foods as possible…salads, eggs, pizza, quesadillas, etc.
A few weeks ago I was making Little Man his plain old quesadilla for lunch and a quesadilla sounded so good. Except, I was determined to get as many vegetables packed into it as I could for my lunch.
I managed to mix in kale, onion, avocado (I realize that’s not a vegetable) and sweet peppers. Not bad for just throwing something together. By taking the cooking low and slow the corn tortilla shells get extra crispy and stay together with the goat cheese on either side as it melts into the shells.
The chicken is optional, but I like it for more a more filling lunch. It goes great with some chips and salsa or veggie and hummus on the side!
- 2 Corn Tortillas
- 3 tbsp Goat Cheese Crumbles
- 4 oz Shredded Chicken
- 1/2 cup Kale (Chopped or Full) If You Don't Have Kale, Spinach Works Too!
- 2 Mini Sweet Peppers Chopped Into Tiny Pieces
- 1 tbsp Red Onion
- 1/2 Avocado (Optional)
- Turn frying pan on LOW heat. Add in one corn tortilla & top with 1 1/2 tbsp goat cheese.
- Layer in chicken, kale, sweet peppers & onion.
- Top with the rest of the goat cheese. Place second tortilla on top.
- Let cook on low heat for 7 minutes. Flip to the other side for an additional 7 minutes.
- Top with avocado. Enjoy!
What’s your current go-to cheese? What else would you add to this quesadilla?