May 23, 2023
If you’ve been questioning why your diet isn’t working… keep reading. Over the last 8 weeks we’ve dug into 10 reasons your diet isn’t working, but this week it’s all about the number one reason your diet isn’t working. It’s not a custom diet for you.
Before you say “I don’t want to pay for a custom meal plan,” hang in there. I’m not here to sell you on a custom meal plan, I am here to tell you how to take individual healthy habits and build a custom diet for yourself.
The truth is, a diet shouldn’t be about a meal plan, a type of eating style or limiting yourself from certain foods… it’s about building long-term healthy habits that work for you.
A diet should take you into a lifestyle that is SUSTAINABLE, and that’s where these pre-made meal plans, specific eating styles, etc, ultimately fail for so many people.
Every single person on earth is a unique individual. This means that no matter what, no one else has the exact same functioning body.
Over the last 8 weeks, we’ve talked about many different factors that make up a diet. We didn’t talk about stress levels, family history, or current season of life. That’s because everything we’ve talked about over the last 8 weeks is here to work with that.
What To Consider When Looking at A Diet
Before jumping into a new diet, here are the things to take into consideration:
- Is it sustainable (will I give up after 2 days)
- What is your source (your friends neighbors brother? A dietician?)
- Is it realistic for your current season (do you even have time to prepare food, can you afford it, etc)
- Is it realistic for your body? (can your body handle the food you’re going to eat?)
- Will it help you reach your goals (if your goal is to be more toned but you are limiting your protein intake, that’s a problem!)
- What are your goals? (lose weight, get fit, body re-composition, just be healthier?)
- What will you do when it’s done? (is there even an end date)
- What lifestyle changes are you making along with changes on your plate? It’s not just one or the other.
All of the different factors we talked about will play a part, but a diet won’t work if it isn’t built for you. It needs to be sustainable, realistic and built for your individual body.
10 Reasons Your Diet Isn't Working
Hey There, I’m Kristin, a holistic nutrition coach helping busy moms simplify healthy eating to increase their energy levels and rebuild confidence in themselves.