With Summer on the horizon, fruits and vegetables are much easier (and cheaper) to get our hands on. I am always looking for new ways to incorporate them into every day meals.
A few weeks ago I started making this Sweet Potato Egg Bowl and I cannot stop making it daily. I’ve tried a few variations but regardless of how you mix and match, it is delicious!
My current version of the bowl is made with veggie sausage but I’ve made it with bacon, chicken, turkey sausage & regular sausage. Sometimes I add extra ingredients (last week kale was our veggie of the week) just to change it up. This spiralizer makes it so easy to get the sweet potatoes cut up and ready to go.
Sweet Potato and Egg Bowl
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Sweet Potato (Spiralized)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Veggie Sausage Patties (My Favorite is MorningStar Farms)
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/4 cup Goat Cheese CrumblesIn your frying pan melt 1tbsp of coconut oil. While that is melting, spiralize half of a sweet potato (this is my favorite tool for spiralizing). Add the spiralized sweet potato to the coconut oil and let cook on low heat for 10-12 minutes.
- In your frying pan melt 1 tbsp of coconut oil. While that is melting, spiralize half of a sweet potato (this is my favorite tool for spiralizing).
- Add the spiralized sweet potato to the coconut oil and let cook on low heat for 10-12 minutes.
- Cut up the (precooked) sausage and add it into the pan with the sweet potatoes.
- Move the sweet potatoes and sausage to the side of the pan. Crack two eggs into the empty spot left on the pan. Cook the eggs over easy.
- Once the eggs are cooked, the sweet potatoes are tender and the sausage is heated up, remove everything from the pan into one big bowl.
- Top your bowl with goat cheese crumbles and sliced avocado.
Do you ever change up your breakfast? What’s your go to?